Church of the Archangel Michael
The first stone church in Parkany, Church of St. Archangel Michael, was built with the funds donated by the villagers in 1829. At the beginning of the 20th century a new church, which became the largest in the district, was built on the site of the old church and was patterned after the Bendery Transfiguration Cathedral. Its fate, like other religious buildings of the region, was tragic: in 1960, during the new persecution against the Church, the building was blown up.
The revival of the Church of St. Archangel Michael began in 1998, and ten years later its construction was completed. The building is made in the tradition of ancient Church ar- chitecture, and sculpture and ornament are made in Byzantine style that is unusual for modern churches. A little later, a stone stat- ue of Archangel Michael was put up at the church fence.
The church was built in the center of the village in 2000. It is generally recognized as one of the most beautiful and harmonious rural churches in Pridnestrovie. The church is built in the Russian traditional church architecture, and the sculpture and ornament – in the Byzantine style, which is unusual for modern temples.