Anton Rubinstein Museum Vykhvatintsy village
The museum was opened on November 26, 1994 in a building built in 1901 by A.G. Rubinstein – a famous Russian pianist, conductor and composer, a native of the village of Vykhvatintsy.
In the first hall of the exposition the original portrait of A.G. Rubinstein, Anton Grigorievich’s personal belongings, as well as books with opera scores and other exhibits that were donated to the museum from the funds of the Leningrad Conservatory Museum.
In the second hall, materials about the history of the village are presented to the attention of visitors. It is interesting that in Vykhvatintsy archaeologists discovered one of the first known in Eastern Europe sites of primitive man who lived here about 300 thousand years ago, as well as a burial monument of late Tripillya, dating back to the 3rd millennium BC. The third hall tells about the inhabitants of the village, the participants of the Great Patriotic War and the defenders of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic.