Museum of the History of the Tiraspol Fortress
The Museum of the History of the Tiraspol Fortress was conceived as a museum of military history, reflecting the period of the fortress’s existence as a combat unit of the Russian army from 1793 to 1835.
The museum is located in the historical part of the city. This is the place where the fortress was built at the end of the 18th century, which gave rise to our city. The only thing that has survived to this day from the once strong and mighty fortress is the powder magazine of the bastion of St. Vladimir. This is the oldest building in our city since the time of the All-Russian Empress Catherine II. The fortress was an outpost of the Russian empire on its southwestern borders. The building is included in the State Register of Historical and Cultural Monuments of the PMR.
In 2014, a stationary exposition of the Museum of the History of the Tiraspol Fortress was opened in the powder magazine of the bastion of St. Vladimir, in a military-technical building.
The exposition traces a chain of historical events associated with the Tiraspol fortress and the city.