Monument to the 55th Podolsk Infantry Regiment in Bendery
In 1912 residents of Bendery celebrated the centenary ща the victory in the Patriotic War of 1812 and inclusion of Bessarabia into Russia. Inauguration of a monument to the Russian Glory was timed to this date. The funds for the monument were collected by soldiers and officers of the 55th Podolsk Infantry Regiment. The monument was placed in the Bendery Fortress, next to the Alexander Nevsky Military Church. In Soviet times, the monument was moved from the fortress to the present Panina Street, where it is still.