Franz De Wollant Public Garden
Franz Pavlovich De Wollant (1752–1818) – engineer of the Russian army, the author of the first master plan for the construction of the future capital of Pridnestrovie – Tiraspol. De Wollant was also the first architect of Odessa, Ovidiopol, Novocherkassk and other towns of the Russian Empire. De Wollant is known as the creator of the first cast-iron bridge in St. Petersburg.
The public garden, which bears the name of the first architect of Tiraspol, opened on October 14, 2007. Tiraspol residents and guests of the capital like to come here – the garden is located right between the embankment of the Dniester and the central square of Tiraspol. The heart of the public garden is an improvised site with bronze busts of historical figures associated with the history of the city.