The building of the former city council on Bazarnaya street
24В, Sverdlova st., Tiraspol
At the turn of the XIX - early XX centuries. The problems of the arrangement of Tiraspol were dealt with by the city government, which was headed by people who left a noticeable mark in the history of Tiraspol. A respected person in the city was Semyon Pavlovich Timchenko, one of the most experienced employees of the city government. Before being elected to the city mayors, which took place on September 30, 1890, Semyon Pavlovich served from 1867 to 1872 as the secretary of the city Duma and director of the city Bank, a member of the city council and taking over the place of the mayor. During his participation in the management of the city, the first water supply system and a dam were built in Tiraspol, 2 parks, houses for two public schools, Sunday schools and public libraries were arranged. The city government in the second half of the 19th - 20th centuries was in charge of the vast urban economy.
Until now, the city watchtower has survived, from which firefighters surveyed the area and, in the event of a fire, sounded the bell and drove out on carts to extinguish the fires.